here are some practice problems.
4. Convert 86 mm to km ______________________________
5. Aluminum is (circle all that are true) MATTER ELEMENT COMPOUND MIXTURE
6. Convert the following. 12mg = __________ grams 320 mm = __________ cm
7. When aluminum cans are recycled they are first melted. This a PHYSICAL CHEMICAL change.
(circle the right answer in #7)
8. _________ Which statement best describes the conclusion we found when investigating how heart rate is affected by time of exercise? A) as you exercise your heart rate increases, decreases, then increases again B) as your heart rate increases then levels off time you must exercise longer
C) as you exercise longer you breathe harder D) all of these E) none of these
9. __________ If you could break down a chunk of pure gold smaller and smaller and smaller using the world’s sharpest knife you’d eventually have a(n) A)compound B)proton C)element D)atom
10. __________Mountain Dew, the world’s best soda pop, is A) a homogeneous solution B) a heterogeneous solution C) a compound D) an element
11. I measured the length of a bug and got 12.348 mm. Which number am I “unsure” of? ________
12. You are going to conduct an experiment to find out if the pressure inside of a tire is affected by environmental temperature.
A. Which variable will be the INDEPENDENT VARIABLE? ______________
B. Which variable is the DEPENDENT VARIABLE? _________________
C. What is your hypothesis (best guess) for a conclusion for this investigation?